Course: CS380 (Game AI)
Project Number:2 Used Tech: Built upon a provided C++ framework.
Second assignment given in our Artificial intelligence class. It showcases an A* pathfinder with heuristic distance prediction and some optimizations to the resulting path.
- The weight given to the heuristic distance in the A* calculus can be set. A weight of 0 results in the classic A* circular search pattern.
- The way the Heuristic distance is calculated can be changed. There are several options Euclidean, Octile, Chebyshev, Manhattan.
- Straight Line: If the Path can be reduced to a straight line do it.
- Rubber Band: Merge steps from the path that can be converted into lines.
- Smoothing: Makes the path less linear, this makes it feel more natural but adds many steps.